Designing a hydraulic goods elevator requires several considerations. Here is a synopsis of the process:
- The most important aspect is to determine the load capacity and lifting height. You need to determine the weight of the heaviest item that you intend to lift, along with also analyse the height it needs to be lifted to. This information will give you load carrying capacity and stroke length of the lift.
- Choose the type of lift: There are various types of lifts available in the market like hydraulic lifts, telescopic lifts, wall-mounted lifts and so on. Each type of lift has its pros and cons. The best type of lift can be determined on basis of the specific requirement of the project.
- The power source: Hydraulic lifts can be powered by either an electric motor or a gasoline engine. Electric motors are energy efficient and guarantee fewer emissions. But it will not be suitable for places with no access to electricity or face power cuts. Gasoline engines are portable but they have higher emissions and require higher maintenance.
- Lifting Platform: The platform is the surface where goods are placed to lift and lower. It has to be large enough to accommodate the largest items that will be lifted. It should be made of durable material to sustain load-carrying capacity.
- Control system: The control system is used to control the movement of lift. This includes lifting and lowering the platform, ensuring the safety of load and workplace. Mechanical, pneumatic, and electronic are the options one has with control systems.
- Determine Hydraulic Power requirement: The type and size of hydraulic pump depends on the lifting height, load carrying capacity and few other factors. The type of control valve to use is also an important aspect.
- Safety features: Safety features like emergency stop, overload warning, and interlock systems are a few features to be incorporated to ensure the safety of the load and operator.
- Test: Before putting the lift to function, it should be thoroughly tested to ensure that it is safe to use and meets performance standards. At Aakash Engineers we include load test, function test , in-house engineer inspections, and third party inspections to verify compliance with relevant safety standards.
This is a general overview of the goods elevator. Design is correlated to the exact requirements of the client and safety standards followed in the region where you are operating. It is best to consult our hydraulic engineer to ensure that your design is in sync with performance and safety standards.
Aakash Engineers first Hydraulic Goods elevator was manufactured and installed 30 years back for a pharmaceutical company in Silvassa, over time many things have changed. The technology, design, type of cargo , raw material and various other factors. But the one thing that has been the same, is the dedication of our team. We believe in supplying quality products at reasonable prices.